Let me tell you, if you are craving a healthy treat and love peanut butter, you have to make this recipe! I've said it before, but I am a huge peanut butter fan. Yes, this recipe has a bit of white chocolate and a powdered sugar glaze, but the amounts are scant and with the rest of the ingredients being so good for you, this one is a keeper!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
1-1/2 c. quick cooking or old-fashioned oats (not steel-cut)
1/4 c. plain cashews
1/4 c. raw almonds
1/4 c. all natural peanut butter
5 T. agave nectar
1 t. vanilla extract
1/4 c. white chocolate chips
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 T. all-natural peanut butter
1 T. skim milk
1. In a food processor, add the oats, cashews, and almonds. Process until they are a fine powder.
2. Add in the peanut butter, agave nectar, and vanilla. Pulse until well combined.
3. Add in the chocolate chips. Pulse until the chips break into small pieces and are well combined into the mixture.
4. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Roll the mixture into 1" balls (I use a small cookie scoop to get uniform size). Lay them on the wax paper. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
5. Combine the powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter in a small bowl. Whisk until a smooth glaze forms. With a small ladle, spread the glaze over the balls. Put into the freezer for about an hour, or until the glaze hardens.
**I store these in an airtight container, on wax paper, in the freezer. They taste great this way and the glaze stays hard. Otherwise they can be stored in the refrigerater for up to a week.
Today is a cookie making day again, and this time I'm making 18 dozen! I'm also anxious to try out a few new healthy recipes for this holiday weekend. How about you? Are you making a new dish for a cookout or bringing one that is always a sure hit? What is your favorite dish to make for summer holidays?
Linked to Just a Girl