I've never met a kid who doesn't love to bake. Usually they don't care what they get to do, as long as they get to help. Whether it's cracking open some eggs, stirring the flour (all over the kitchen), or filling the cupcake tins, they are just giddy to be a part of creating food and being a helper. My favorite thing to do is to find a recipe that gets the whole family together in the kitchen.
Cupcakes in a Cone
I like to use this white cake recipe minus the Jello
24 ice cream cones
1. Set the cones in muffin tins. Fill until 3/4 full with the cake batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a light golden color. Remove and cool. Frost and decorate and enjoy!
As for the big mess...this is my least favorite part of baking. Honestly, my oven looks like a food war zone inside because I bake so often and don't always have time to clean it out.
That's why I was excited to discover an oven that does it for you! How cool is that? Without the use of harsh chemicals or high heat (or any elbow grease from me), LG’s EasyClean™ Double Oven Range provide a quick and convenient way to clean your oven, while still being able to use the conventional self-clean method. EasyClean works in three simple steps:
1.Spray the oven interior with water
2. Press the EasyClean button
3.Then in just 20 minutes, wipe away any residual bits of grime*. No chemicals or high heat needed to keep your oven sparkling clean (*Heavy build-up may require additional manual effort or use of the full self-clean feature).
For more information on this awesome oven, click here:
EasyClean™: A Clean Oven in Minutes, Not Hours
If I showed you my oven right now, you would see how badly I could use an oven like this! I really love the invention of appliances like that that make it so much easier for those of us who spend a lot of time in the kitchen, to spend a little less time cleaning up and more time being with our families. This is a big deal for me because I like to have everything in my kitchen neat, tidy and fresh. I just love the idea of something that makes that easier!
What is YOUR favorite recipe that leaves your oven messy?
Let me know in the comments for your chance to win your own LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Range!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
BlogHer will pool entries from participating blogs and select a sweepstakes winner at random and will contact the winner with details about fulfilling the prize.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/22/13 - 7/15/13.